Wednesday, September 6, 2017

5 Useful Tips for Macro Photography

This article is super useful for creating a sharp depth of field when taking macro photos. Articles like this make photography much simpler for amateurs who want to try their hand at some of the same techniques that pros use to get usable shots. Some of the tips are simple, like using manual focus to get as close to the subject, and then moving the camera back and forth to get the subject sharp. Speaking for myself, I may not have tried this, mainly because manual focus is an intimidating concept to me, but just trying it is much simpler than I thought it would be.

I'm really excited to try these techniques out because I think that humans can often overlook the world around us because we get involved in our own lives too much to consider the smaller things in life. Macro photography allows the viewers to really appreciate all of the details found in nature. I also think that macro photo gives the audience less to focus on, and more time to really appreciate the subject of the picture. However, I didn't realize that there many more technical aspects than I had considered previously until we talked about it in class.

I do wonder what types of compensations I will have to make because of the lower quality of my camera, but I do hope to explore this type of photography more throughout the semester. I hope that maybe a different lens or lighting will help me bridge the gap between the types of photos I can make and the more professional grades of photos.

This is the full article from Outdoor Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment