Thursday, September 14, 2017

Tips for Focus

This article brought up some good points that we talked about in class. Bringing subjects into focus can really mark what a professional photographer does that a layman doesn't. Some of the concepts we talked about in class were solidified by this article and it really helped to lay out some of the settings used to get great sharp shots. The author also made a point of applying all of the tips he uses into different styles as well, from macro to portraits. The many applications of these tips will be really useful in the future as well.

I liked this article because I had some issue with this when I was out shooting last weekend, I couldn't quite get the focus that I wanted to set my subject apart from the background. Granted, I have less equipment to choose from than a professional, but it helps to know that some of the adjustments he made are relatively simple and can be applied. I also struggled with the playback of my pictures, I wasn't sure how the little screen on the back of the camera was portraying my picture, or making it look worse than it would expanded on a better screen.

This is the article

No comments:

Post a Comment